Beware the Uncorrupted (Epilogue Added 05/28/22)

Philosopher

5 hours ago, TonyPang said:

I think I'v got The Best Story of 2021 for me.

Hey! Thanks for the compliment, but this forum has so many hidden gems all over it that surely take the whole pie! I doubt I'm the best story of 2021 haha, but thanks for your support! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Hey! Thanks for the compliment, but this forum has so many hidden gems all over it that surely take the whole pie! I doubt I'm the best story of 2021 haha, but thanks for your support! :D

Can't wait reading more of your story.

• Like 1

I have missed the last few chapters.

Man Sam is a double agent and here i was thinking eh was actually a weird new hero. poor Percy is gonna let his guard down around him only to be betrayed. I hope Julia sees through Sam's intentions tho.

And on Chapter 6 She saw through him its just that her damaged brain wont allow her to think properly. She would be a great asset if there is a way to fix her mind

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ro20316 said:

Man Sam is a double agent and here i was thinking eh was actually a weird new hero. poor Percy is gonna let his guard down around him only to be betrayed. I hope Julia sees through Sam's intentions tho.

And on Chapter 6 She saw through him its just that her damaged brain wont allow her to think properly. She would be a great asset if there is a way to fix her mind

I suspect, that it might become even worse. The mood of @Philosopher's  literary universe seem dark enough to allow it to become even worse. Heh: I remember 1990s grimdark, handled well by Alan Moore and Grant Morrison, handled badly by Miller and Liefeld, of which Nolan's Batman may have been the last fluttering cinematic expression. Then the MCU burst into existence and reintroduced bright colours and a humorous tone. Philosopher's universe isn't full of bright colours and humour. It's something else. Eerie. Threatening. Foreboding.

Though Cassandra and the Pythia in ancient myth were given clairvoyance by olympian Apollo, and sci-fi allows a purely neurophysiological basis for Psi, by the description of Julia's trauma-induced oracular powers, there might be something from a hell-dimension inside her, awaiting to burst out in a manner terrifying.

And I doubt, that Sam is just a double agent. His feelings can be earnestly split between the super-authorities and Percy, which may put him in an ethical dilemma or two. He also seem haunted by a troubled past, which is an interesting character-trait. Though media and authorities in-universe will paint reality as a simple dichotomy between "heroes" and "villains" in a manner we are familiar with, the in-universe reality is much more complicated, which also Percy recognise.

Percy may or may not get powers, but what if he'll not be the Percy we love and care for anymore, but something terrifying and monstrous, if his powers awaken? Sam may have well-founded reasons for worry.

Together, these three tragic potentials open up heart-wrenching vistas. I'm eager to read more, even if what lays ahead is bittersweet sorrow.

• Like 5

PART 7

Spending hours after midnight to scroll through the Internet was something akin to a ritual for me. I'd grab a bag of Cheetos and two cans of strawberry soda, and I'd proceed to stuff myself with calories until I was more junk food than human. My main online presence was flocking in the Unhumans Forum, a non-profit website that was a beacon for all the fanboys that wanted to talk about superpowers and superhero/supervillain sightings. Subject to various controversies by the main media, the forum was also capable of 'unmasking' heroes and villains alike. The combined power of people with no hobbies was sometimes more powerful than actual powers themselves. Of course, the government did its absolute best to take down the forum from the web, but it always spurted back up, like a vice that didn't want to let go.

Moreover, my frequent visits on the 'Will I ever get powers' topic seemed to betray a deep insecurity about myself, but Sam's words had made me feel a bit better than myself. Although, he did get his powers at thirteen, something that was both exceptionally rare and dangerous for a mere child to gain. Countless cases of mere pre-teens getting superpowers like fire manipulation or space phasing would usually end with dozens of injuries, due to these kids' lack of control over themselves. I couldn't help but wonder how Sam's parents reacted when they found out that their boy had one amazing power.

They'd probably be happy. 

Thankfully, Sam shed some more light on the matter of his powers, right before he left. I had asked him about his Unhuman Classification, and he gave me a half-answer, his eyes drifting away from me. "When I got my powers, I was a Class 5. But the more and more powers I gained, I started moving to Class 6, then 7... my next test at the Province's headquarters is due next month, so they will give me an update on whether I've remained as a Class 7 or not."

With that, he had left the apartment, his head almost bumping at the door frame. I doubted that the thin walls would survive a collision with Sam's skull, but he seemed to be careful enough with his overwhelming strength.

And now, here I was, browsing the web in search for answers nobody could provide me. At this point, even getting the power to get hit by lightning every time I wanted seemed nice enough. At least I would be part of that 10%, and I could flex my albeit-useless superpower to others. Hell, it'd be a cool party trick too.

I was just about to close the browser and open the Incognito one to surf some of the more... mature websites out there, when I heard several soft bumps on my bedroom door.

"Percy?" my brother knocked on the door. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

I quickly turned off the laptop and threw it on the edge of my bed. "Sure! What's up, Johnny? Do you think we could order some pizza?" I asked, smiling. Wednesday's were always 'cheat days' as my brother said, because he'd get paid that day of the week.

"Sorry, buddy. Boss didn't pay me today, because I left my spot running last Friday because of a certain someone," he shot me a knowing look before his face sobered up. "No, this is serious. Our landlord was... um. In an accident?" he shook his head, almost not believing his words.

Kruger.

"What...? Is he okay?" I asked, not understanding what my brother was trying to say.

Johnny sighed. "He... was hit by a truck and died instantly on the spot. The force that hit him was so strong that it instantly pulverized his body. It will be a closed casket, they say. Both because of the damage on his body and because of the state of decomposition. Someone had hid him in the sewers, can you imagine?" he said, almost in disbelief. "I was wondering, do you want to go to the funeral? Pay our respects. The man had even allowed me to be late on the rent last month. Shame what happened to him. I hope they catch the bastard that was driving that truck," he grumbled, tapping the edge of the door. "Well, if you want to go, it's tomorrow."

I tried my best not to show any emotion on my face. "No... that's alright. I didn't know him very well. I'll stay here if you want to go, though. Still under house arrest," I tried to smile, but I found out that I couldn't.

"Suit yourself. Goodnight kiddo!" Johnny nodded and disappeared in the hallway.

I stared outside the window of my bedroom, struggling to comprehend what my brother had just told me.

Kruger is dead. But... didn't Sam send him to the Province? Did they let him out and then he got hit by a truck, like some kind of karmic retribution?

I smiled.  "Good riddance."

That night, I slept like a baby.

^ ^ ^

The next few weeks passed in the blink of an eye, with school continuing and spring break approaching like the light at the end of the tunnel. Sam, Julia and I continued hanging out, telling each other stories from our childhood and talking about school lectures and stuff. Well, it was only I who told them how wonderful my childhood had been, going with my father and my brother to trips on the mountains and seeing him bend the wild nature to his will. Whether it was chopping wood for our campfire or catching fish from the near river, my dad did it as if it was instinctual to him. Little me could only look in a starstruck expression as he did all that without any help from me and my brother. Johnny was desperately trying to imitate him back then, but it seemed that he didn't have that spark my father did.

"Daddy issues?" Sam had absently said when I told him the story, and I punched him in the arm angrily. My knuckles had swollen like balloons, and he could only burst out in a fit of laughter.

"Screw you and your thick skin," I mumbled, rubbing my swollen hand.

"One of the many thick things on me," he had responded with a wink.

My eyes rolled so far in my head that they almost popped out of my skull.

"I do not understand. Can you explain the joke?" Julia had looked at Sam, confused. Social cues were not her area of expertise, and I didn't have the heart to explain the dirty joke at her.

Moreover, Sam had continued doing his patrols on the nearby districts, trying to find evidence of the brainwashed citizens that had followed Princess, but he came back every evening empty-handed. Unfortunately, I couldn't join him in his adventures. Not that I would if I had superpowers myself, but I wanted to see Sam in action at least once, not only when he was flying. It would have provided a break from the maddening monotony of school, but it was too dangerous for a human like me.

The universe had other plans on providing me with that much-needed break.

It was a week before the start of our spring break when the giant invited me to the Province headquarters, so I could be present at his Classification Test. He had asked me just before leaving school, and I could see him fidgeting like a little boy asking someone on a date.

It was like I was being invited to have dinner in a police station.

"Don't they know I'm a citizen, though? I have no job knowing a hero's secret identity, and I'm in no mood to join a witness protection program," I complained, both because I did not understand why he needed me and because I disliked the Province and everything it had to do with them. Minus Sam of course, but he was an exception.

As if he had read my mind, he smiled. "I am the exception, Percy. And... they already know everything about you, and our relationship with each other, so it's not like I'm a government secret or anything."

The apple I was eating almost got stuck on my throat. "Excuse me, what did you just say? They know EVERYTHING about me? Like what?!" I stared at him, and he quickly looked away. He didn't even grace me with an answer. "You are torturing me, Sam. Don't you know what privacy is? Damn it!" I kicked the nearby wall, but it only resulted in pain radiating from my pinky toe. "You need to tell me what they know about me. Please," I calmed down and touched his big arm, and he didn't resist or pull away, letting me touch him.

"Well, they know about your mom and dad, and how they're in the Mountain. They also know about your brother, and his powers. But nothing more, I swear!" he grabbed my hand with his other arm and pressed it like a sandwich. It was so warm and tough to move at the same time, I almost couldn't feel my hand. "I just wanted someone who could be with me. I don't like the scanner, it gives me the creeps. And yes, maybe I can show you that the Province is not all bad! Sure, it's part of the government, but they're genuinely trying to help people!" he exclaimed, fully believing the things he said.

I shook my head. "Can I have my hand back, please?" I asked, and he finally freed it from his grasp. "Okay. I'll go with you. But that's it. No more sudden surprises from your part, okay?" I said, decisively. Sam instantly smiled like the happiest puppy in the world, grabbing me and lifting me in the air in a massive bear-hug. His long arms quickly enveloped my frame, and he squeezed me deep on top of his body. I could feel every hard abdominal, the mountainous pecs, his basketball-sized biceps all around me, pressing in like the gravity of a dying star. It was hot in every sense of the word, but also unbearably hot, like a warm oven ready to bake an apple pie.

"SAM, PUT ME DOWN!" I tried to pull away, but I couldn't fight against a force of nature. It was his choice to eventually put me back to the ground, careful not to break the little toy.

I tried forcing my brain to like this unconscious manhandling from Sam's part, but something inside me felt bitter. As if I was violated in some way. I didn't know how to stop thinking that Sam could potentially do anything he wanted to me, and I would be literally powerless to do anything about it.

The lust quickly turned into fear and I felt cold sweat form in my back. After this realization, my body almost reverted back to its fight or flight instincts, and I was barely able to keep control.

Sam noticed me taking quick breaths like I had ran a marathon. "Percy? You okay?" he asked, as if nothing was wrong.

"Let's.... let's just go. I don't want to be late. My brother is gonna scream at me if I do."

"I'd offer the flying option, but... can't do that in the middle of the day", Sam started smiling, but his happy expression quickly turned cloudy. "Ow. My back."

"What's wrong with your back?" I asked, focusing on the road ahead. The fear hadn't disappeared yet, still present in my mind and laughing at me.

"Dunno. Feels as if someone is stretching it or something. And I feel like my body is burning, which is natural, but not this much," he almost whispered to himself, like I was not there. He now appeared afraid too, and I couldn't help but feel a tiny bit of relief.

If something could make Sam afraid, then that something was also capable of stopping him if he decided to do something bad.

With that, we continued walking towards the center of the city, both of us not in the mood for talking.

^ ^ ^

The Province Headquarters was nothing compared to what I had seen in the TV.

It was bigger. So much bigger in real life. A massive superstructure that stretched across the horizon like some kind of impossible skyscraper, with metal, glass, and crystal all shining outside its modern exterior. The architects had chosen white and grey as the main colors they would paint the building with, and they have done a great job. The sun reflected on the white paint, with the sun-rays heading towards the massive crystals staked at the top of the roof, showering the tiny people below with celestial colors that you only saw in space missions. Moreover, the whole structure had to have more than a hundred total floors, with each floor being the size of a hundred of my small apartment.

Needless to say, I was being emasculated by an inanimate building. Sam joined be as we observed the magical effects that the sunlight created when it hit the crystals. "Beautiful, isn't it? Fun fact, these crystals are actual quartz-diamonds the size of a car. Mister Superior himself had hailed them from deep space. Crazy, I know. Even I can't break them. Probably hardest material on Earth."

"Huh," I simply meeped as Sam took my hand again and started moving us on the wide entrance at the bottom of the building. There were no guards or soldiers around us, as it would take a special kind of stupid or insane to attack the Province HQ without an army or a world-ending weapon.

The reception was far more spartan than I would have thought. There was a single old woman dressed in white, sitting at the center of the ground floor, currently on her computer. Without even looking up at us, she shouted over the distance.

"Mr. Shaw and Mr. Duval. They are expecting you on the 9th floor. Please do not be late." With that, she continued her work at the computer, seemingly forgetting that we ever existed.

Sam and I started at each other, and I saw him mouth 'She's always like that' before he guided me to a nearby hall, filled with elevators. Quickly entering an elevator and pressing the number 9 on the panel, the doors closed and a harmonious music started playing all around us.

"Where is all security?" I asked Sam. I couldn't imagine an old lady being able to defend herself against a man with a gun, never mind a supervillain.

"Oh. Here and there. In the walls too," Sam smirked and I gulped in slight terror of being currently stalked by invisible soldiers.

That's not terrifying at all.

The elevator quickly made its way to its destination, and the doors swiftly opened. This floor was different than the ground floor, resembling more of a medical facility, with stark white hallways and tiny monitors hooked on every wall, displaying advertisements and other bits of useless information. There was nobody on the corridors, and only the sweet melody of the elevator broke the creepy silence.

"This way," Sam mentioned and I quickly followed behind his much larger body. It would be rather difficult to lose him in such place, even if it had been filled with people. Stopping at an unassuming door, also painted white, Sam put his hand on the handle.

"Welcome, Agent SAM," a robotic voice sounded from the door and it opened.

Inside was a smaller room, filled with metal cabinets and several computers crunching down data, too fast for the human brain to even comprehend. Next to a smaller, rusty cabinet, stood a tall woman wearing the standard white laboratory coat, adorning the Province's trademark logo.

Three spears; all pointing towards the sky.

The woman was focused on her word. As I looked her lab coat, I saw a name tag reading 'AMANDA' and below it, 'JUNIOR RESEARCHER'.

"Sammy!" Amanda shrieked in happiness the moment we both went through the door. She was a beautiful woman, with chocolate skin and cute freckles over her nose. Her hair was a pitch-black hue and curly, while she was also wearing glasses, making her appear like your standard Hollywood nerd. "Has it been a year already? Gosh, look how much you've grown! I'm 5'10 and you're making me feel like a dwarf next to you," she laughed as she approached him and gave him a hug. Her hands obviously couldn't encircle the monolith that Sam was, but she did her best.

"How's the smartest person in the building doing?" Sam hugged her as well, quickly enveloping her body in his. Seeing this, I got chills on my neck, although I was not sure why.

"We are nearing completion with Timebreaker's Endworld trinke-" she started saying excitedly, her voice only stopping when she saw me.

"Hi," I waved halfheartedly.

Amanda observed me for some moments, her smile returning on her face. "I almost breached protocol. Sorry about that, Percy. It's nice to meet such a popular... guest!" she raised her eyebrows at Sam. "Is it true that you've made him your plus one? You know you can only have one, and that's permanent, right?"

Sam's face got a wonderful red hue. "Yeah, yeah. He's important... to me. So what's the big deal?" he mumbled, releasing her from his iron-like hug and turning his attention to a large glass panel on the edge of the room. "Classification Scanner, my old nemesis. We meet again."

"What is he talking about?" I said as I approached closer to Sam. The glass panel was see-through but the other side was dark, deactivated. Amanda sighed, and turned to a near control panel, pressing some buttons. The darker section of her lab suddenly spurred to life, exposing a second, smaller section, hidden behind a glass panel. Inside stood a large rectangular object made of a shining metal. The machine was tall and wide, with its middle having been excavated to resemble a human body.

It looked more like a futuristic coffin. I understood why Sam didn't like the scanner.

"Word on the grapevine says that little Sam has a new best friend... and his name is Percy," Amanda sang smiled at both of us, continuing the conversation. "Well, not so little Sam anymore. You grew even more, didn't you?" she accurately observed, taking her glasses off and approaching him closer.

"Yup. I'm 6'5... and some change," Sam winked at me, strengthening his posture and looking even more imposing than before.

"I like what I'm hearing, Sammy. Boss will be satisfied," she clapped her hands.

Amanda then told Sam to strip his clothes off and only leave his boxers on, mentioning that 'he didn't have anything she hadn't seen before'. Her eyes did widen, however, as the giant hunk pulled the shirt off his muscular, well-developed torso. His body looked like something carved from a giant piece of marble, completely hairless and muscled in every single spot. It was the first time I noticed that he had a wonderful golden tan as well, and for some reason, he was covered in a sheen of sweat.

But dear God, he was like a Abercrombie & Fitch model, only more handsome and certainly more muscular.

His pecs protruded from the rest of his body, hanging slightly low due to the amount of muscle stored in them, while every abdominal I could see was the size of a brick, inviting you to touch them and see how hard they were. I would have described them as 'washboard', if they weren't so big and bulky. As he moved to remove his pants, I could see his broad shoulders moving, his muscles tightening and flexing with each movement.

With the pants now gone, my eyes were free to feast at his overdeveloped leg muscles, each of his quadriceps probably bigger than both of my legs combined. Further down, his calves  looked like they belonged to an Olympics runner, bloated and overfilled with power as veins coursed through the surface of his thin, tanned skin. Even the boxers struggled to contain his glutes, the material stretched thin over his model waist-line. I didn't fail to notice that the pouch had also been stretched to its limits, perhaps by the canon that the young superhero surely was equipped with. 

Sam quickly moved to the other side of the panel through a small door, having to duck so he wouldn't break off the wall. Once he was out of hearing range, I joined Amanda to her random button clicking, sitting down on a chair and just observing the hulk's massive body from the other side of the glass.

"I don't get it," I blurted out. "His power is Adaptability. I understand that... but why exactly is it making him bigger? Can't it just give him laser eyes or time control or something insane like that?" I looked at Amanda, who didn't seem to pay attention. 

To my surprise, she answered. "Powers are weird, Percy. Most are passed down the generation through something akin to Mendelian Inheritance, following a predictable pattern. Then, we have the cases like Sam. Something akin to a mutation gave him powers that were not... similar to his parents. And these powers are valuable most of the times. You heard of Mister Superior, yes? That man is built like a toothpick, and yet he can bench-press an unfathomable number of tones that we don't even have the technology to count."

"I understand... but that didn't answer my question."

Amanda looked a bit annoyed for a second, but she continued. "Sam is different than your average superhero. A Class 7 at his age is rare. His Adaptability gives him almost infinite potential to become something stronger than we've ever seen. But even that has its limits. He can't suddenly develop powers that his body cannot handle, or does not need. I've seen the scans of people with reality warping powers... and needless to say, it's a good thing that Sam can't develop them." 

I nodded. Julia was like that too, although her power was a mild clairvoyance, certainly not reality manipulation. Moreover, her damaged mind was the result of her trauma, and not her powers. I ought to come with her here one day, and ask Amanda about her professional opinion regarding Julia's mind.

Although, that would expose her to the Province. And I certainly didn't want that.

"Sam's body is constantly under evolutionary pressure, forced to adapt by his power," Amanda continued. "As to what he must adapt to, even he doesn't know. Some innate danger sensing controls that section of his power, but that's just my theory. You're right, though. I don't know why he would need the extra physical strength to defeat the active supervillains in Seattle, like Princess or the Painter. He's already stronger than a thousand men combined."

I was so engrossed by our conversation, that I hadn't seen Sam entering the metal coffin, his body disappearing between the silver. Instantly, the machine started to whir, with lights and noise coming out of it with increasing intensity. At the same time, Amanda's monitors turned on.

"This is the most... exceptional thing I've ever seen!" she suddenly gasped as the scanner started showing her six to seven different diagrams and measurements every five seconds, various colors and noises echoing from the inside of the chamber. I could hardly see Sam inside that massive machine, but I understood what he meant about being scared of it. It was probably like being put in an MRI scanner and setting it to 'Party Mode'.

Five minutes later, the machine powered off, and the soft trembling of the glass ceased as well. Sam quickly grabbed his clothes and got out of the chamber, not wanting to stay in there for another second. He seemed sweaty and tired, even though he was simply standing still for seven minutes. His skin had taken the color of an apricot, while every single muscle group glistened with sweat. I was not an expert on bodybuilding, but he seemed to weigh more than 250 pounds like he had told me weeks ago. Every step he took seemed to produce light reverberations on the floor, and I was not sure if it was my imagination or not, but he looked even bigger than he was in the morning.

"Um. Amanda?" I asked the tall assistant, and she quickly snapped next to me.

"What's up?" she said, still smiling over the data.

"How much does he weigh?" I scratched my head, trying to make my question sound innocent enough.

"Oh, approximately 271 pounds... and a 11% body-fat percentage. He's a big guy, don't you agree?" she eyed me with a grin, and I did my best not to smile too. "Oh, here he comes."

Sam approached us and breathed a sigh of relief. "I hate this machine. Why does it have to be so loud and weird? Can't we use the tiny cubes we send to schools?" he complained, struggling to put his usual black t-shirt over his neck. The poor shirt struggled to fit against the gargantuan shoulders and pecs, and I could hear something tearing as Sam tried even harder to put it over him.

Amanda looked at his body for a few seconds. "I'll tell management to buy some new clothes for you. You're still a Class 7, by the way. Near the limit for 8, but not quite there yet," she gave him a slight smile of wisdom. She then turned to me, her eyes sparking like she had found a new law of physics. "Percy, why don't you try the scanner as well? I know you don't have any powers, but maybe I could predict what Class you will be if... when you awaken to them!" she corrected herself, before giving me an awkward smile.

Sam snapped his fingers, which sounded like the trigger of a gun, making both me and Amanda jump in fear. "Amanda, may I talk to you for a second? Percy, go outside and wait for me please."

"But-" I resisted. If that machine could predict my powers, then I would finally have an answer on whether I would become an Unhuman or not. Finally become someone like my father, my mother.

My brother. I could not miss this opportunity.

"Now," Sam rose his voice and my body took control, as I quickly made my way outside the room. Once in the white corridor, I slopped down the floor, but not before kicking the nearby vending machine in anger. This time it hurt even more, but I didn't care. 

Why can't I control myself when he orders me around? Am I not a person? I should have stood my ground!

The door suddenly opened, and out came big Sam with a trembling Amanda behind him. She looked like she had seen a ghost, her chocolate skin having taken an almost grey hue to it. "I-I'm so sorry, Percy. The machine needs to recharge for at least twelve hours, so I won't be able to run you through it. It-it was nice meeting you though!" she tried to smile, but it made her look like she was about to cry. With that, she quickly turned back into the room, closing the door behind us.

"What the fuck did you say to her?" I muttered at Sam in disbelief. By his angry expression, I knew he wouldn't tell me. In these past weeks, I had learned that when Sammy dear got angry, he'd shut in like the world's strongest clam, which in a way, he was. "Fine. Whatever. It's not like I would literally PAY someone to tell me if I have powers," I rose my hands in the air and stormed back to the elevator, which eagerly awaiting for us with its doors open.

"Percy... it's not that simple," Sam walked behind me, easily covering ground with his long legs.

I stopped. "No. It IS that simple. I just get in the scanner. I get a reading. I get out. That's IT. That's the whole process. And please, don't even lie and tell they don't have more scanners in this overpriced phallus-looking building littering Seattle's skyline." I looked up to his beautiful blue eyes, and rather than feel attraction and happiness, I instead saw Sam as an obstacle on my crusade to find the truth.

Sam slowly rubbed his forearms. I could see more and more veins sneak up all around the hefty muscles, and I could swear he didn't have that insane definition moments ago. "Okay," he said and put an arm next to the wall.

"...Okay?"

"Percy," Sam then stared me down, the previous friendliness gone and replaced by something far colder. "How much do you know about your father?"

The question hit me like a bus. "M-my father? What are you talking about?" He's in the Mountain. I never got to know him that well because of that."

"No. I mean, what do you know about his powers?" Sam moved closer, and even in the three feet of distance between us, I could still feel the heat emanating from his immense body.

"He..." I stopped to think. "He never told me. I always assumed it had something to do with being good at all that nature shit, you know. Like adept survival skills or something basic like that. Why?" I returned the question, not understanding what Sam tried to say.

"Percy. Your father lied to you." Sam's words echoed through the corridor, and I felt time itself trickle down and stop.

"W-what? Are you out of your goddamn mind?! YOU DON'T KNOW MY DAD!" I screamed at him, feeling my face get red-hot in an instant. It was like a rage I had never felt before, boiling and urging to let it spill over, see the mess it could do and laugh as I watched it destroy everything on its path.

"Keep your damn mouth shut!" he hissed at me, bringing me closer. I tried to resist, but it was futile. He lowered his head and brought his lips so close to my ear, I could feel the goosebumps all around my body.

"I will show you. I will show you the true monster your father is."

With that, he grabbed my hand, threw me in the elevator, and pressed the button to the ground floor.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cregssatx said:

Philosopher, I shared this with an author that I follow... and figured it applies to you as well.  :)

poor character.jpg

LMAO mean but true.

So Sam is gonna tell Percy about his dad's abilities? MMM seems a little bit risky but im interest as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cregssatx said:

Philosopher, I shared this with an author that I follow... and figured it applies to you as well.  :)

poor character.jpg

Hmm, that could turn more... literal than we'd like.

After all, pyrokinetics in this world aren't that rare.

Would be a shame if something happened to our heroes ;)

• Haha 2