kindertentgg

Saw this pass by:

FB5A0977-3448-458F-9189-7F1FA85C1C10.thumb.jpeg.d7e5c5ecb25e46a0c9d78a4d8bc1da45.jpeg.7961cbe8c3d289a2d9f8f60caba1e529.jpeg

“Homo immanis”

When most people say they want to be monsters they think to themselves I want to leave my humanity behind. I now know that’s impossible to do. But you can become something more than human.

“What had I become?”

As I stare in the mirror in front of me curling a weight in each hand that the average man would struggle to lift off the ground with both hands. The sound of my own breathing in rhythm with each rep being the only noise that fills my head. I had given up a lot to get here and I would have given up 3 times as much to see what was standing in front of me each and every day.

I had friends who had come and gone when it came to lifting. Most would last a month, some even less than that. But the weights were present, my drive was present and my urge for growth was present. These were the only constants I needed. 

Had I become “big guy”, no maybe “hoss”, or better yet “bubba”? No all these names that I was frequently called were nice but none were the proper name for what I had become.

As I finished my set and put down the dumbbells till the time passed for me to do another set.

“ME.” I had simply become myself at least as I had always envisioned myself to be and that meant I needed more. Much more.

• Like 8