Growing Friendship, Part 2

Trio

The first part of the story can be found here

The final Part of the Story can be found Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days after the big transformation, Jason and Nik couldn’t see each other much, but each time they could hang out together, they would spend every minute possible chatting and enjoying each other’s presence, getting to know one another.
“They test me more and more each day, but I can take it, with all this muscle that I was blessed with”
“You said you still feel the old you mixed with this new will of yours, this assertive personality you’ve been developing further. I wonder if the doubts and fears you used to have still bother you, Nik”
“They do. But each day less and less. And, I have you to count with”
“Well! I would say, soon it will be you helping me with my doubts and fears”
“There is no thing I’d like more than that. you gave me strength, I will give you some strength, too”
Jason liked Nik, he had a lot of care for him before the transformation, and now he would feel a mix of awe and urge to protect that man, that till a certain point was his creation.
Nik liked Jason, he was grateful for the friendly shoulder he provided him, he was growing more fond each day of that sticky figure, that used to dream with glory, muscles and war, like so many men would do, like so many would never reach.
Jason tried his best to hide his growing feeling of inadequacy, sadness, awkwardness facing his behemoth of a friend. Jason didn’t know that Nik could see right through his good humor and friendly smirks. Jason was crushed, defeated.
They kept seeing each other when they could, kept having increasingly better and more deep conversations together. 
They sort of complimented each other, the faith and hope of Jason, the dutiful and determined nature of Nik. Jason was the spirit, Nik was action. And with his new body, the fears weren’t match to it.
Nik could see his dear friend through all that, he could see that guy, scared, lost, inadequate.
“I wish we could talk more, we only have those moments on small breaks, it is nice, but I feel we have more to discuss...”
“We could chat more often, but it’s a stretch.... I perform tests on the lab every Wednesday, it’s also a time when I’m available to chat, you should see me then, friend. I make sure everything is up and running, but still, it would be nice to see a friendly face!”
“I wonder if that would break any rule or anything”
“Don’t worry about it... you know, my fellow scientists admire my zeal towards this project and the lab progress, we all are pretty buried in work, though... it’s nice to see a friendly face”
Jason, always the dedicated nerd, working his frustrations away.
He had every reason to be happy, though, that kept a smile on his face, in spite of the frustrations.
That Wednesday, like usual, he was alone in the lab, his workmates were having lunch or distracted with something else. He missed his big pal, and the thought of Nik could make him shiver in many ways, but still, it was his big pal, and he always had him in mind.
“Jason! Working Wednesdays, I can see!”
“Always, friend, always, the way I like it! Just me and all this!”
Nik was there, making Jason company, even if he would feel inadequate, the vision of his friend made him smile.
“Hey, so nice to see you once more! I wonder though, don’t you have anything better to do, other than seeing a twinky scientist on his craft? I mean, look at you, what cant you do!”
”There is plenty I can’t do, don’t try to steal my modesty away!” said Nik with his deep thick voice.
“I just wanted to see you, like usual! Hopefully we can have that good chat before someone drags me away.”
”Well, my pleasure, as always!”

• Like 5

They are not rushing things and i like that.

Jason si a great man but his confidence is not tehre and he alwaysthinks he is less than otehers when in fact he is not. I hope Nik helps him see his worth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lutz said:

Well written. I like this story very much 

This means so much! Thank you!!! I’m so happy you like the story, I’m humbled!

1 hour ago, Ro20316 said:

They are not rushing things and i like that.

Jason si a great man but his confidence is not tehre and he alwaysthinks he is less than otehers when in fact he is not. I hope Nik helps him see his worth.

Jason is a sweetheart indeed, even if he struggles with self worth. I really like the way you see the story! Thank you ever so much for reading!!!

• Like 1