My Roommate Rivals (CH 15 Added 25-APRIL-2021)

dredlifter

33 minutes ago, dredlifter said:

It's all good guys.    I certainly WANT to finish the story.  I know the general concept of how it ends, and ideally I could wrap it up in a just a couple of chapters.

I do intend to finish it.  Let me get through my bodybuilding contest first.  Winter is always a good time for writing because it's too cold to go outside and anything anyways. 

And what could be fairer than that!?  The man is living the dream, and looking fucking amazing by the way!!! 💥💥💥💪. Eat ‘em up buddy and write at your leisure!  We are all with you brother!!! ✊

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ploder4 said:

In a rare case it could serve as a reminder to an author tgat there is still a story unfinished.  Lives get busy sometimes if a story falls off the page or other things it could get lost in the list of "not so important things to do."  Then ultimaely forgotten.  

Although I  would kinda take it as a good thing.  The readers still remember and read it.  They're still fans of it and re-reading it.

It may or may not affect the next chapter getting done but that is up to the author.  

KYmuscleboy's comments are just an expression of sour grapes because he's fond of the story.

I never expressed sour grapes, especially towards @dredlifter. In my most recent comment, which was almost eight months ago, I tried to make it very clear that I was NOT criticizing him in any way. I know he is still active on the site, and I know he has a lot going on with his actual bodybuilding, especially now with his first contest coming up. I said then that I have every confidence that he will finish the story when he has the time and inspiration, and I still do.

I do have an issue with the “anti-bump police” who attack anyone who dares to ask about an update. There’s no rule against it, and the author has not asked people to stop. They are just imposing their own self-conceived rules upon others when they have no right to do so. 

2 hours ago, mario2007 said:

Bro, but isn't this about being convenient for you? It's the author's creation. We haven't contributed AT ALL in its production. I don't think we have a right to demand anything. I think it's okay to ask a few times when the next chapter is coming, but beyond that, just take a hint.

Lots of people have debated the pros and cons of bumping stories. I’m not going to get into it again. I have never demanded anything, and rarely am I the one who bumps stories. Asking if someone intends to continue a story they asked us to read is not the same as demanding. I, for one, don’t care too much about how long it takes, but I do like knowing whether I can look forward to a continuation or if I should give up on a story. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 6:21 PM, ploder4 said:

Sour grapes wasn't the right term for that post but I was struggling for the right one.  Context was meant to be more jibing than serious. 

Copy that, and I didn’t take offense at your comment. I just wanted to clarify, especially since I thought the rest of your post was spot on. 

• 4 months later...

Even if this story never gets another chapter, it's one of the all-time greats, dude, and it's well characterized enough that I can satisfy myself just imagining future chapters (and making one or both more bearish ;) ). Hats off <strike>Rory</strike> Dred, may you grow to be as big as your fantasies and then show it off for all of us. I can read in your more recent stuff your perspective shifting from little guy to big guy, and it's hot as hell.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2