Muscle thief on the loose

Dragonmaw

Hi. Just wanted to be the first besides you to post story here lol. First post here, sorry if it's bad. So, this story takes place in the same location, but there are a couple new characters. (Theresa)

"Hello Theresa." A small woman behind her desk beamed at the taller woman who entered the room.
"Hi, I got to say, I got a call back from a job application, but I don't remember applying for a job?" Theresa blushed. "Of course, my memory is rather forgetful lately."
"That's okay. You didn't. One of my contacts recommended you and reading your file, I see you have talents that could really be useful in my field." Corinne filed through a stack of papers as if she hadn't already read it all. "Are there any medical problems you may have that we're not aware of?" she asked.
Theresa shook her head, then thought again. "Actually there is one thing. It seems like my skin has been overly sensitive lately? I don't know. It's weird. It's probably nothing."
Corinne smiled. "On the contrary. It's why I called you here." She opened up a drawer in her desk and pulled out three rather old pieces of--what, flesh? Yikes. "Now, I'm sure you don't live under a rock and know about the erm-muscle pandemic that's been going around." Theresa smiled and nodded. "Well, I have a theory, that if correct, can be very advantageous in purging this plague." 
Theresa's smile dropped. "Purge?"
Corinne's face turned serious. "Of course. These people are murderers, they're subhuman, they're horrifying. Act on instinct. Animals. All of them."
Theresa sighed. Not all of them, she thought, thinking of her late husband.
Corinne moved the human flesh onto the desk in front of Theresa. "Can you tell me which of these three late people used to be muscle freaks?"
Theresa's hand recoiled in disgust. "These were human? I don't know what's happening but this is a giant red flag and I don't feel very comfortable here."
Corinne sighed. "I'm prepared to pay you 1000 dollars per day you work."
Theresa's eyes widened. "You know, all of a sudden I'm colorblind to that red flag! How odd." she fingered at the flesh, feeling revolted. As she touched the second set of skin, she recoiled as if she had been zapped. 
Corinne gleamed. "Well, my theory is correct. You, Theresa, have a very rare special ability, one that has an intense reaction against any muscle thieves you may come across. Now, you can go back to your old life and feel zapped whenever a muscle thief touches your skin, or you can use it to your advantage, and help me by hunt them down."
"How do I do that?"
"Well, all you need to do is shake hands with someone and you know whether they're a muscle fre--muscle thief or not. That is a very incredible ability in this day and age, especially working with me." Corinne sighed. "Of course, my contacts can find most of them. But there will be some muscle thieves off the radar, and you, my friend, are the way I can find those other thieves."
Corinne started folding up the papers and stacking them neatly. "We'll meet in two days again. I'll text you the location." Theresa didn't bother to ask how she knew her phone number. Theresa was very unnerved by Corinne, but then again, what choice did she have? It felt so bad to get zapped, and she had gotten much thinner over the past few weeks.

When Theresa left the room, Corinne picked up her phone. Pressed 10 numbers. The phone picked up immediately.
"Hi, Joe"
"Enough small talk. What do you want?"
"Coordinates?"
"Gavin's at Victor's house. You know the place. It looks like he'll stay there for a while."
Corinne nodded. Then, after realizing nodding does nothing when on the phone, she said "Alright. I'm going there now. Theresa should be on my side now."
"We'll see."
Joe hung up the phone first. Corinne pulled out another thing from her drawer. A gun. Making sure it was loaded, she prepared for the journey. She was going to Victor's house to shoot Gavin.
Only this time, she won't miss.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, it's pretty late when I'm typing this lol.

• Like 1