Daddy Gets Buff

londonboy

On 2/2/2021 at 2:41 PM, ploder4 said:

I'm not sure I see the point of this response.  Are you serious or joking?  I didn't see any physical abuse in this story.  I also think the verbal abuse is consensual although unspoken in disclaiming.  It seems thiskind of scenario between them has happened multiple times before this.  That's how I understood it.

There was some grabbing of the neck bordering on choking when Daddy was asking his boy if he "finished his homework." But let's remember, THIS IS FICTION AND FANTASY. THE RULES OF THE REAL WORLD DO NOT APPLY. Choking is a felony in my state and many others now. That doesn't mean it doesn't make for some hot fiction here, especially when can read in that the daddy has no ill will and won't actually take it far enough to hurt his boy. Even in the real world, some people may get off on choking play as long as they trust their partner won't take it too far.  Just because that does not fit one person's definition of the daddy-boy relationship doesn't mean that others might have a different take on it. The entire situation is hardly the norm. So, if people want to make of it what they want, it's not like they are not already outside what's considered  a "normal" relationship. 

This is about the third comment in as many months from people taking exception to plot lines in stories because the actions depicted would not be acceptable, legal, moral, etc... in real life. People need to realize that's one reason people write fantasy. It's better to explore one's darker impulses in the form of a story than with a real world victim. It's called an outlet. (Not to say that londonboy is secretly wanting to choke someone). 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen a few comments here which read like crap.  I'm going to jump in because this is just over the top here.

Londonboy: Your story is great, a wonderful start I where cannot wait to see more.  I love the seeds you planted about quantum physics and so on.  I hope you won't let the lousy comments here pull you back.  You're quite literally one of the "legacies" of this field, and you should damn well own it.

Commentators, a few things, most of which are known and commonplace in this forum:

• If you don't like it, don't read it.  You can even block the author completely so you never read anything they write.  
  • This is goddamn fiction.  "But X isn't nice!", "That's not PC!", "You shouldn't X!".  Nobody cares.  Go away. 
  • THIS IS FICTION.  The purpose of it is to do whatever, in writing.  If it didn't have tension it wouldn't be fun.
  • It doesn't mean we should suddenly all commit to a course of politics that enshrines the ability of strong people to dominate weak people, or whatever else is in your mind.  

So, my two-cents, but there you go.

Bear.

• Like 5