No! Not the Growth Ray!

Hialmar

No! Not the Growth Ray!

Impressive? What do you expect me to say? Of course you are impressive, but this is a Research Centre, not a bodybuilding competition, a male beauty pageant or a Strongman competition. So far, the physical effects of the experiment seem promising, but I am worried about the possible mental effects. You didn't behave like this before your first treatment, and the second treatment increased it further. The idea is to cure muscular dystrophy, not to create strength-obsessed jock boys. 

No, I'm checking the lab report about your urine sample.

Yes, I know, that you find it boring. Why don't you go down to the gym, and use those newfound muscles you are so fond of? I'll see you at lunch.

Already? Good heavens! Six hundred pounds? You must be joking?

No, that's more than I expected.

Yes, I've already told you how big you are. I'm here to research, not to watch your – uh – pecs or your – uh – abs all the time.

Yes, they are hard. Will you let me calculate this, without disturbing me all the time?

I know, that you can lift me. If you are able to press six hundred pounds you are able to lift me.

Will you now put me down. What did you say? Eleven hundred pounds? That's not possible? Will show me what's possible? Now, put me down, I've no time for any ...

Stop it! You know how dangerous it is to place anyone in front of the Growth Ray Cannon. Let's leave this area.

No, the safety protocol isn't a joke. The only reason why you are allowed in front of the Growth Ray Cannon is, that you are medically prepared for it. Anyone else ...

Stop it! What do you think you are doing? Fool!

No! Not the Growth Ray!

No! You're insane! Not the Growth Ray!

NOT THE ...

Uuuuuuuuh ...

Dangers ... must out ... 

Don't ... 

What are ...

Impossible ... Did you spike my drink with the formula? ... irresponsible ... Uh. Fuck, what's happening?

Not ...

OH FUCK!

The buildup, bro ... Can't believe the buildup ... Understand? ... suppose ... You've gone through it twice ... but I'm not supposed to ... Oh, fuck ... the buildup ... Feel ... Feel so good. Couldn't have dreamt ... Not even after watching you ... twice ... so good ... 

YES! Look at me! Chest like an ice breaker ... Wide as a tank ... Becoming ... Becoming like you ... No? What are you doing, Bro? ... danger ...

NO! TOO MUCH! SO MUCH! YES! SO MUCH! MORE!  It feels like ... Come! Join me! Yes! Join me, Bro and feel ...

Legs pushing each other apart ... The sheer mass ... So tall now ... Built ...

Yes, join me, Bro! Here! How hard I am now ... Yeah ... You too ... So hard ... Steel ... Brawn of steel ... Uncrushable brawn of steel ... Feels like footballs now ... Bowling ball shoulders ... Yeah, feel how hard and big I am, Bro ... You like this, don't you? Feeling how hard I am ... Can't wait to see how much i lift ... YES, MORE! So much ... So intense ... The power level ... Can't imagine .. To hell with the dangers: MORE! I crave it! I crave more! More muscle! The buildup! I can feel it coming ... The powerwave ... Didn't think it possible ... Yes! Here! With me! Exposed to the full impact of the ... Together, legs wide, before the ... feeling how the power BOMBARD our naked flesh, and cause our muscles to ... OH FUCK, SO MUCH, CAN'T ... 

Uh, Bro! Uh, Bro! Uh, Bro! Feel the ... The buildup! So tall! The wave ... the power! My strength! Your strength! Can't ... WATCH ME! Beyond seven foot ... Yeah, you too ... Together, bigger ... I'm warm, steel-hard engorged flesh ... All of me ... All of you ... Unbreakable ... Invincible ... Towering ... The buildup ... I'm ... Do you feel it, Bro! YEAH! The power-wave ... It's ...

YES! Crushing the ceiling ... nothing can stop us ... nothing can resist our strength ... grow with me, Bro! Feel the power! I'm an unstoppable GOD OF STEEL and POWER! It's ...

It doesn't matter ... The Lab doesn't matter ... The experiment doesn't matter ... GROWTH MATTER ... EXPLODING of ... your pecs, my pecs, wide backs ... MOUNTAIN OF FLESH, crushing everything before us ... So ... 

BOMBARD our naked flesh, until we ...

... buildup ... power wave ...

BOMBARD our naked flesh, until we ...

... until we become, oh my God!

... BRAWN-GODS

... with UNLIMITED STRENGTH, uh, the UNLIMITED STRENGTH, the ...

... ground unable to hold us ... look at me ... I'm crushing a mountain side with my bare hands ... head in the atmosphere ... together with you, Bro ...

YES, TALLER ... big like a continent! Space! The cosmic energy! Can you feel it, Bro! We are absorbing it! Absorbing all energy, turning it to invincible BRAWN! Space gods now! Can't believe ... becoming space gods ... The build-up ... Bro, what's happening? 

STARS! WE ARE LIVING STARS NOW! Can you feel ...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Do I detect a slight allusion to Doctor Who here (as in the episode "The Five Doctors" one of the Time Lords declares "No, not the mind probe!" in a very over dramatic manner.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CardiMuscleman said:

Do I detect a slight allusion to Doctor Who here (as in the episode "The Five Doctors" one of the Time Lords declares "No, not the mind probe!" in a very over dramatic manner.

As you already know, I enjoy Doctor Who, but I am not fanatical about it, and I haven't watched The Five Doctors, so the answer is surprisingly "No" in this case. Thanks for asking. The Whoniverse could serve as as a possible setting from MG fiction, of course:

"Of course! I should have known, when Alonso transformed into a footballer. It is the Beefulons of planet Brawnos! And they are in league with The Master!"

"Indeed it is, Doctor, and there is nothing you can do now. We will drain you of the Timelords' regenerative power, in order to add your male companions to our ranks. No one can stop us now!"

(exaggerated diabolical laughter)

"Who are the Beefulons, Doctor?"

"They capture the attention of other life forms, by posting photographs of themselves on "GalactoGram" with the text "Look at my abs, Bro!".

"They are going to expose Jamie and Captain Jack to their anabolic beam, Doctor! Do something!"

"When I say 'Shadow Proclamation', Sarah Jane, you shall shout 'Raspberry! Raspberry!'"

"Why?"

"I'll explain later."

"Look at my abs, Bro! Look at my abs, Bro!"

"Alonso! NO!"