Muscleace

On 7/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, Mamey said:

wow wow and wow, I love muscle drainage and muscle theft stories, I was delighted with that story, hope there are more muscle drainage stories

Thank you I'm glad you liked it. I'm sure there will be more with muscle drain in future stories. 

On 7/18/2020 at 7:06 PM, Austinevenson42 said:

Really enjoyed the science fiction angle to this story, not something you see much of here. Additionally, the social commentary and use of erotic language was great!

Personally, I especially enjoyed the news anchor angle, as I have fantasized about a handful of news reporters I see on TV pretty regularly. 

And who said you couldn't learn something from smut? lol.

Yeah the news anchors are the face of the media so I had to be sure he was handsome. Was picture Henry Caville mixed with a bulked up Adam Charlton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2020 at 7:06 PM, Austinevenson42 said:

Really enjoyed the science fiction angle to this story, not something you see much of here. Additionally, the social commentary and use of erotic language was great!

Personally, I especially enjoyed the news anchor angle, as I have fantasized about a handful of news reporters I see on TV pretty regularly. 

Seriously! Here lately it seems that every reporter on TV, especially bigger market and national news organizations, is issued a gym membership and mandatory workout plan when they're hired, no matter the age. And even better, there are quite a few of them, again especially national news, who are gay men. It's a veritable feast for the eyes. 

Muscleace, I really enjoyed this story. I loved the numerous "1984" references: Newsspeak, 19.84% increase in testosterone, ministry of "justice" to suck the manhood out of guys, and probably some others I'm either forgetting or missed. And you even threw in a "Fahrenheit 451" reference with Montag Security. I'm sure there are others I missed as well. It made me want to watch the "Brave New World" adaptation that NBC's new Peacock service is showing. Unfortunately, I discovered the original programming is not on the free portion of the service. I'll either have to fork over yet another monthly fee or see if I can download it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kymuscleboy said:

Seriously! Here lately it seems that every reporter on TV, especially bigger market and national news organizations, is issued a gym membership and mandatory workout plan when they're hired, no matter the age. And even better, there are quite a few of them, again especially national news, who are gay men. It's a veritable feast for the eyes. 

Muscleace, I really enjoyed this story. I loved the numerous "1984" references: Newsspeak, 19.84% increase in testosterone, ministry of "justice" to suck the manhood out of guys, and probably some others I'm either forgetting or missed. And you even threw in a "Fahrenheit 451" reference with Montag Security. I'm sure there are others I missed as well. It made me want to watch the "Brave New World" adaptation that NBC's new Peacock service is showing. Unfortunately, I discovered the original programming is not on the free portion of the service. I'll either have to fork over yet another monthly fee or see if I can download it.

Yup, 1984 and Fahren 451 were two big influences (one other dystopian novel too, but I'll see if anyone else can figure it out). I made couple more  Fahrenheit 451 references too. 

Funnily enough, right after posting this story, I got ads for the Brave New World series and I'm curious about it. If you like Brave New World, have you read my first storyversary story, "Big, New World"?

• Like 1

It's difficult enough to write a story using elements from more famous stories without sounding trite or repetitive.

"1984" "Brave New World" and several other dystopian novels clearly inspired this really unique muscle - racial - theft - donation story!

I especially liked the suggestions that there were "appropriate" and implicitly "inappropriate" ways to be masculine or black - that could be taken away from you if you didn't "use them/display them" the "right way" - in a religious and/or social context!  I loved the detail about "we can't rehabilitate you because you're not catholic" implying that only certain religious beliefs were entitled to "be as they are" not as  society wanted them to be.

I could totally see this happening in a future world. As the internet becomes more restricted, and misinformation and paranoia are feed to the masses, and "appropriate" lessons are taught in schools, this could totally happen!  Scary!  

Excellent idea, well realized! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mdlftr said:

It's difficult enough to write a story using elements from more famous stories without sounding trite or repetitive.

"1984" "Brave New World" and several other dystopian novels clearly inspired this really unique muscle - racial - theft - donation story!

I especially liked the suggestions that there were "appropriate" and implicitly "inappropriate" ways to be masculine or black - that could be taken away from you if you didn't "use them/display them" the "right way" - in a religious and/or social context!  I loved the detail about "we can't rehabilitate you because you're not catholic" implying that only certain religious beliefs were entitled to "be as they are" not as  society wanted them to be.

I could totally see this happening in a future world. As the internet becomes more restricted, and misinformation and paranoia are feed to the masses, and "appropriate" lessons are taught in schools, this could totally happen!  Scary!  

Excellent idea, well realized! 

1984, BNW, and A Clockwork Orange were my biggest influences in writing this. Though I tried to vary the themes I used from Big, New World. 

They actually "couldn't rehabilitate" him because he WAS Catholic [or rather implied he just sided with them] . This is actually something I took from my personal life. At my [Catholic] church we have a food bank and community outreach center. A woman (Mrs. L) would work in the back room with me and we would talk often with the rest of my church group. She converted to Catholicism when she married her husband. Once her family found out, they ostracized her for joining the "white man's Christianity" and that she "wanted to be white" despite the fact her husband was a black too. She would lament how her sister tried to "fix" her and her husband. So I kinda used Mrs. L's story as the trigger point for revoking blackness in this one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Muscleace said:

1984, BNW, and A Clockwork Orange were my biggest influences in writing this. Though I tried to vary the themes I used from Big, New World. 

They actually "couldn't rehabilitate" him because he WAS Catholic [or rather implied he just sided with them] . This is actually something I took from my personal life. At my [Catholic] church we have a food bank and community outreach center. A woman (Mrs. L) would work in the back room with me and we would talk often with the rest of my church group. She converted to Catholicism when she married her husband. Once her family found out, they ostracized her for joining the "white man's Christianity" and that she "wanted to be white" despite the fact her husband was a black too. She would lament how her sister tried to "fix" her and her husband. So I kinda used Mrs. L's story as the trigger point for revoking blackness in this one. 

OH wow.  I totally believe that can still happen today. 

I don't think most commentators have any idea of how much religious discrimination is still around today.  There is NO WAY that most members of religious  groups have agreement on anything except on the most basic concepts - "Yes, there is something greater than humankind out there (probably) ."  Beyond that, no one agrees about anything!  And they think the other guys will be subject to eternal damnation because only THEY [whoever is speaking] has the revealed word of truth!

In a dystopian story, OF COURSE there will be "the elect" and "the d-mned"! It happens in real life!

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 12:53 PM, Muscleace said:

Yup, 1984 and Fahren 451 were two big influences (one other dystopian novel too, but I'll see if anyone else can figure it out). I made couple more  Fahrenheit 451 references too. 

Funnily enough, right after posting this story, I got ads for the Brave New World series and I'm curious about it. If you like Brave New World, have you read my first storyversary story, "Big, New World"?

It's been ages since I read "Fahrenheit 451." So, I figured there were probably more references that I was missing. Sadly, I haven't read "Brave New World," which is a shame, given my love of dystopian stories. That's one reason I'm interested in the series. Of course, I could just not be lazy and read the book! 

9 hours ago, Muscleace said:

I thought that was a pretty neat plot point, especially since the story is set in "Altimore." I'm assuming it's supposed to be a reference to the city of Baltimore, and Maryland was founded as a haven FOR Catholics.  An ironic twist.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kymuscleboy said:

It's been ages since I read "Fahrenheit 451." So, I figured there were probably more references that I was missing. Sadly, I haven't read "Brave New World," which is a shame, given my love of dystopian stories. That's one reason I'm interested in the series. Of course, I could just not be lazy and read the book! 

I thought that was a pretty neat plot point, especially since the story is set in "Altimore." I'm assuming it's supposed to be a reference to the city of Baltimore, and Maryland was founded as a haven FOR Catholics.  An ironic twist.

Altimore is a reference to Baltimore, specifically to the Hairspray song, "Good Morning Baltimore." It originally was going ot be set in Baltimore when I misspelled it and realized Altimore sounds like Alter More. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/23/2020 at 7:00 PM, Muscleace said:

To claim Catholicism to be "White Man's" Christianity is pretty racist and completely ignoring the facts: Like the Catholic Church on the African continent... Led by African clergy. There are black Cardinals and it's only a matter of time, until we have a black Pope.

Here we see ideal vs reality:

Ideal: Christianity as a global, humanist movement. The Church Invisible being the mystical body of Christ Ressurrected. The word of God our loving father reaching every human ear and promoting human fraternity and dissolving the barriers between races to usher in the one Kingdom of God.

Reality: Confessionalism, racism and segregation.

And I have the feeling that the "Christian = anti-science" attitude in the story is definitely a result of Anti-Christian propaganda, which lumps all Christians together into a racist, homophobic, anti-intellectual, anti-science, enemy-of-the-people crowd.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 5:24 AM, hans902 said:

To claim Catholicism to be "White Man's" Christianity is pretty racist and completely ignoring the facts: Like the Catholic Church on the African continent... Led by African clergy. There are black Cardinals and it's only a matter of time, until we have a black Pope.

Here we see ideal vs reality:

Ideal: Christianity as a global, humanist movement. The Church Invisible being the mystical body of Christ Ressurrected. The word of God our loving father reaching every human ear and promoting human fraternity and dissolving the barriers between races to usher in the one Kingdom of God.

Reality: Confessionalism, racism and segregation.

And I have the feeling that the "Christian = anti-science" attitude in the story is definitely a result of Anti-Christian propaganda, which lumps all Christians together into a racist, homophobic, anti-intellectual, anti-science, enemy-of-the-people crowd.

Dude, first of all it's fiction. The writer can characterize different religions in any way that he wants. But notice, he didn't say HE thought Catholicism was the "White man's Christianity." He said he was basing it on the experience of one Black woman whose FAMILY thought that. That's about as far removed as one can get. However, in the US, where I believe the writer is based (as am I), it is pretty rare for Black people to belong to the Roman Catholic church. It's not unheard of, but it's definitely not the most common denomination among Black people as far as I know. The Pope elevating the first African American to Cardinal is a great way to outreach to that community and perhaps recruit some Black people who are not happy with other denominations or not affiliated with a church at all to possibly join the Catholic Church in the States. Maybe the first Black Pope will also be the first US Pope, and the Church can hit a double whammy.

The writer was also using Catholicism to make a nice point of irony, as the Colony (now state) of Maryland and the city of Baltimore were founded as a haven for Catholics during America's colonial era, when most people belonged to the Church of England, were Puritans, or were some other Protestant religion. Catholics were persecuted in most of the colonies until they settled in Maryland. Note, the finer points of my history of this may be fuzzy, but the general idea is sound.

As far as the anti-science view, at least in the USA, that much more commonly describes Evangelical denominations than Catholicism. My friends who went to Catholic private schools were taught evolution just like I was in public school. Again, the story is fiction, and the author was combining elements of several religions to describe the one that was discriminated against. Trust me though, if we didn't have an "anti-science" problem in the USA in general, we would  not have people who think the earth is literally 7,000 years old, that men rode dinosaurs (I guess they were too big for Noah's Ark), and that not wearing face masks to prevent COVID spread is a matter of individual Liberty and not a simple public health measure. See the Bodybuilders and Conspiracy Theories thread for much more on that. 

I for one do not believe there is  Anti-Christian propaganda to any significant extent in the United States. Most people who live here know which that most mainline Protestant denominations and most Catholics are generally not anti-science, racist, homophobic (even if Rome's official stance on that is slower to change), or the other things you said. No, most people realize it is the Evangelical groups that are all or a combination of some of those things. I know, because I was raised in the Southern Baptist church, which is not as bad as some groups, but I have seen it get more and more conservative over the course of my life. Technically, I'm still a member, which is hysterical. I don't think I'd set foot in there now unless somebody's getting married or having a very large funeral.  

• Like 3