The unlikely friendship

equus

I'm glad you guys like it! There will be more, although the further I think about the story (and it's just the very beginning now) the more blanks there are on how to connect the dots that I have. But I'll figure that out. :)

• Like 5

PART 3

For an outside observer, what happened later was very uneventful. Just two guys, somewhat funny in their differing appearance, unhurriedly walking around a big, old park. Not really talking much to one another, just exchanging simple observations every now and then.

But what happened there for me was far from uneventful. The more I looked at him – just simply walking – the more in awe I was of his body which just radiated with power. He was muscular, but this was more than gym-pumped muscle. His posture, his stance, his movements, everything spoke strength and sharpness, yet he still seemed completely relaxed. There was no swag in his way of walking, instead he gave a sense of calm confidence in his body. Maybe I was just projecting the fact that he did jiu-jitsu, but I felt that you could feel very, very secure with him. Well, unless he himself had bad intentions against you, then secure seemed the last thing you could feel with him. All in all, Greg personified everything I’ve ever fantasized about in a guy physically. And he was nice to me.

Out of curiosity I asked him again about the sports he did.

- Well, I actually did a number of different martial arts in high school and then during the studies. Traditional judo, Krav Maga, also karate for a short while. There was a time, I think like 2 years, when I climbed a lot, both indoors and outdoors. I did some short distance running. But then after the studies I only stuck to the gym and BJJ.

Right. Just as I thought.

- And you?

Oops. I brought it onto myself.

- Yeah, so I go to the gym once or twice a week, that’s all. I tried indoor climbing, but I wasn’t very good at it.

When I said that, he looked at me, giving me a very quick overall glance. Yeah, it’s not exactly like you can see the results my athletic efforts from the outside. I expected a remark along the lines of “I wouldn’t guess”, but he just said:

- Cool.

Oh, he’s being nice again.

Then we walked on and I just kept taking in the view of his body whenever I could, in between the infrequent pieces of conversation. He wore shorts, thanks to which I could admire his big, beefy calves. His shoulders were thick and defined. And his back… the whole of it… I believe a muscled guy’s back to be one of the most beautiful things that there are in the world. His was covered by his T-shirt, but it was still one hell of a wide back. When he moved his arms while walking, everything there worked like in a machine. Those moments, right there and then, just walking with him, were worth everything just for that view. I knew I’d have dreams about it later.

We walked for over an hour. When we completed the full circle around the park and were near the exit gate Greg said:

- Well, that was cool. Thanks for joining me.
- I enjoyed it too. – I smiled. – Thanks.
- Let’s stay in touch.

I couldn’t figure out if he was just being polite or if he really meant it. After saying this he extended his hand towards me, I replied with the same. He enveloped my palm with his and gave me a handshake that was firm, but respectful of the obvious strength and size difference of our hands. It felt very nice, kind of strong and protective at the same time. Physical contact with him, even that small, felt very nice…

And then he walked away. I just stood there and watched him disappear around the corner.

And I then breathed out heavily.

That was so intense. I was all tingly inside. I needed to rest for a while. Not because I was physically tired, but because this meeting left me equally excited and mentally exhausted. This guy, the way he looked, the way he behaved, had a very strong effect on me. I found a bench nearby and I just sat there for half an hour, processing in my head what had just happened.

The next few days I kept thinking about the meeting with Greg. Or actually, a better wording would be that I kept reliving it. I kept analyzing the things he said and wondering if I should write to him. Getting in touch with him again, in any form, was the the thing I wanted absolutely the most, but I was very afraid of showing how strongly I wished for this. With every day my feelings gradually moved away from the joyful excitement to nervous agitation about what to do next.

Then, on Tuesday, it happened.

I got a text from him.

The moment I saw it I felt a wave of emotions going through me. I opened it.

“Hi. I’m planning a trip to the forest south of the city next weekend. Wanna join me?”

Wow. He really did want to see me again. Without any hesitation or checking in my mind if I had any conflicting plans I texted back:

“Sure.”

He replied:

“Cool. Do you have a bike?”

Me: “If you mean a bicycle, yes.”
Greg: “Yeah. Then let’s meet on bikes at 9 AM on Sat at the parking lot near the last southern station of the yellow metro line. Take some food, drink and clothes for rain, just in case. We’ll be away until at least 3-4 PM.”
Me: “Wow, that’s a specific plan. :) Sure, I’ll be there with all the stuff.”
Greg: “Cool. See you on Saturday then.”

It took me a few seconds to realize I was grinning from ear to ear just looking at his message. I was completely euphoric. Now I only needed to wait for 4 days. Those would be 4 long days.

• Like 17

On 7/19/2020 at 1:45 PM, DennisFLL said:

Love it!  Thanks.  And I looking forward to their first formal date in the woods when they get off their bikes to rest.

Would that be the Duke Mound bushes or in the rambles?🤔😉😏😜😜😜

• Like 1

I guess it'll have to be the Duke Mound bushes!  Unless we can get Ryan and Deano to this side of the pond and all meet at the Rambles, Central Park, NYC.  I have a somewhat familiarity with that venue, but a curiosity for the Duke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DennisFLL said:

I guess it'll have to be the Duke Mound bushes!  Unless we can get Ryan and Deano to this side of the pond and all meet at the Rambles, Central Park, NYC.  I have a somewhat familiarity with that venue, but a curiosity for the Duke.

Wait a minute!   We're getting the Deano story mixed up with the Unlikely Friendship story! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DennisFLL said:

Wait a minute!   We're getting the Deano story mixed up with the Unlikely Friendship story! 

It's all about sporting wood in the woods

• Like 1