The Wall (chapter 42, added 12/26).

Maxum

Hey Maxum

Glad to see you're back!  

The writing - as vivid as ever!

Question:  is the  plot of "the Wall" essentially "wham-bam-thank-you-sir" from here on out?  I'm asking because we haven't heard from/about the mysterious gardener in months, nor the titular  "Wall" or anything other than the sex scenes.  

It's your story, of course, and I totally understand your artistic choices.  

I was hoping for more actual plot, but you've already provided more than most other stories, so I can understand if this is the direction you want to go.

I'll still read it, regardless. 

22 minutes ago, Mdlftr said:

Question:  is the  plot of "the Wall" essentially "wham-bam-thank-you-sir" from here on out?  I'm asking because we haven't heard from/about the mysterious gardener in months, nor the titular  "Wall" or anything other than the sex scenes.  

Hmmm... Everyone seemed to enjoy the sex scenes so much that I focused on them for a while -- it sounds like maybe too long or too much.  That said, the plot is still weaving. Bear with me for just a bit longer. A lot of characters whom we've met are about to re-enter. Remember, with regards to the plot, it's only been seven days since this adventure began...

22 hours ago, Maxum said:

Hmmm... Everyone seemed to enjoy the sex scenes so much that I focused on them for a while -- it sounds like maybe too long or too much.  That said, the plot is still weaving. Bear with me for just a bit longer. A lot of characters whom we've met are about to re-enter. Remember, with regards to the plot, it's only been seven days since this adventure began...

Hmmm.... it's the old "time moves differently in a story" scenario....only 7 days have actually elapsed in the "real" world...o.k. ........

Handsome Muscular Man Reading Big Book On Grey Background, Wearing.. Stock  Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 32269621.

Yeah, the plot's finally moving along again.....

Books News and Photos / Queerty

11 minutes ago, Mdlftr said:

Hmmm.... it's the old "time moves differently in a story" scenario....only 7 days have actually elapsed in the "real" world...o.k. ........

Yeah, the plot's finally moving along again.....

You are cracking me up. I can go back and delete the sex scenes if you like, or you can just skip over them, but then the story would just read: Max built a wall. Pup likes Max. Max likes Pup. They went to The Netherlands and then came home. They have a lot of sex with each other and with everyone they meet. One day they discover a secret, and .... Well, I won't spoil the surprise.  The rest is just filler that's best with a handful of lube. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maxum said:

You are cracking me up. I can go back and delete the sex scenes if you like, or you can just skip over them, but then the story would just read: Max built a wall. Pup likes Max. Max likes Pup. They went to The Netherlands and then came home. They have a lot of sex with each other and with everyone they meet. One day they discover a secret, and .... Well, I won't spoil the surprise.  The rest is just filler that's best with a handful of lube. 

Let's be clear about this:

Don't.You.Dare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Maxum said:

But WAIT!! 

YOU left out the mysterious "Gardener" who appeared out of no where!  What about him?  And what about the neighbors, including the sick one? 

And - shameless self plug here for my story ideas/intrusions -  What about the sexy Guido waiters and pool boys in the background?  Surely Max isn't doing everything himself!!
But Wait, Part II:

Are you SAYING that "PUP" and "Gardener" are the SAME person?!??!! Is THAT why we never see them together?!?!

Zounds!! It's all becoming clearer now!! 

Proceed, Watson!  err Maxum - the game's afoot!!

14 minutes ago, Maxum said:

Anyone who has read the chapters set in Amsterdam will recognize this scene. Someone is copying my ideas. I’m flattered. Click the link: 

https://vangoghsf.com/

? This is a link to an "Immersive Van Gogh exhibit."  According to the website, they came to develop this concept "a year ago."  

<snip>

June 20, 2020 Blog
Just over a year ago, a groundbreaking partnership between Show One Productions (founded by Svetlana Dvoretsky) and Starvox Entertainment (founded by Corey Ross) created Lighthouse Immersive to bring you the Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit. The world has changed significantly since Svetlana and Corey combined their efforts to create a permanent arts space in downtown Toronto, but Lighthouse Immersive perseveres as one of the only exhibits in Canada working on opening its doors this summer while meeting social distancing standards. As we get closer to the opening of the Drive-In experience, Svetlana takes a movement to reflect on how the partnership came about, and share some candid thoughts on how the performing arts industry can be better positioned for the rest of the lockdown.

<snip>

So, according to them, they "created Lighthouse Immersive to bring you the Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit."  That would be June, 2019.

Maybe it's something in the air?? Great minds thinking alike, and all that. 

Your scene in Amsterdam was published:  July 18th 2020, with MUCH MORE "user friendly" interactive description.

• Like 1