To Protect and Serve - Ch.3 Posted 3/15/2019

4 hours ago, hoga said:

I hope the next chapter is coming soon!

The last part of chapter 9 is done. It's an important one in their story so I'm revising it rather carefully.  Should be up next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Well, here it is over 2  year later.  I pray that somehow this text finds its way to you.  You will (I hope) forgive a mature man for saying that I've enjoyed  rereading your amazing story;  sometimes I just need to be in an alternate reality & this fulfills that need.  Definitely one of your best transitional  chapters, but the story is not yet even close to completion.  Running out of superlatives to send you.  Write on!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Due to some events that affected him greatly he has left the board and not likely to come back.  He may still be in contact with the admin and supposedly is finishing his work off site.

I do hope he eventually comes back. 

Also for some reason, I am restricted from seeing the linked posts.  Anyone else seeing it?

Thank you all.

But yes, due to what happened both on the site and off the site (what happened extended far beyond anything anyone may have seen on this site into "real life") I have reduced my internet presence to a minimum.  I am also basically no longer active on this site - nor any other with LGBT content for that matter.  

I am taking the whole summer and perhaps into the fall away from writing. I did the same thing in 2020 when writing a story about a police officer was not exactly "well-received" on this board - one comment directed to me was that by writing about a cop co-protagonist I was contributing to murder - to process the situation and allow some time and distance i hope.  What is supposed to happen in the climax is heavy enough and I can't allow the feelings that and other incidents off-site with that person color my writing.

The ACTUAL real inspiration for Gabriel asked me to finish writing the story.  Also the person who have me the original idea asked me to finish.  So I will.  It will just take some time - and I am not certain I will post it on this forum. It will take some consideration on my part.

In fact, this whole thread should be erased.  I'm a bit surprised that it is here.  I guess it was an oversight when the board was reset as the other thread containing up to where the incident happened was removed - along with all my other content - to try and prevent another occurrence.  As the site owner said to me - their banning is pretty good at keeping people off but it isn't foolproof.  And I have to act to maintain the integrity of what I wrote and try to prevent another incident.

Anyway, thank you for remembering.  I'm not active here anymore.  I just happened to see this due to a DM email I received.  But it will he some time before I post here again, if ever.  Perhaps giving the instigator of the incident what he wants will cause what he did IRL to back away for a while.

And the links no longer work as I have had to erase all my old email addresses - as part of what i had to do with what that person was doing off site.  That includes erasing all Google docs under that address.  So the content those links point towards no longer exists.  The story now exists in its entirely in a private archive.  So it isn't lost - the rest of ch 9. All of ch 10, and chapter 11 up to where I stopped, and the last chapter that was already written still exist.  It will just be private for a long while until I feel comfortable that this site is safe for me.

Again thank you for remeber and I'm very sorry this happened,  but given the circumstances, advise from mental health experts on such matters and law enforcement authorities is that I stay away from the internet and minimize my presence in what is left for the foreseeable future.

So I wish you all well, and I hope that one day this page is safe enough for me to post the conclusion.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Gympredtor,

I believe I speak for a ton of people here, this is a profound loss. I respect your need to pull back and I’m so sorry that this incident happened both here and off the site, that is not acceptable. Many an author has found themselves a target as a result of their writings, some forced into complete exile. Salman Rushdie went into hiding for ten years only to re-emerge. Hopefully this is only a bump in the road and smoother passage is ahead of you soon. 

you will be missed

Rob/Pumped 

I agree.  I wish you could stay in contact with us, but considering that would put you close to the realm of the incident, I respect your decision if you wish to (for lack of better words) cut us off.  I know it is for the better and I hope that this will be temporary.  Know that you are loved and greatly respected by the majority of the people here.   If and when you return there will be many very happy people here to greet you. 

We support your decision since it's for the better. 

I want to say more to the trolls that made you leave but I would be just as bad as them if I did.  None of us need any more of that.  Stuff like that has already taken a heavy toll. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ploder4 said:

I want to say more to the trolls that made you leave but I would be just as bad as them if I did.  None of us need any more of that.  Stuff like that has already taken a heavy toll. 

main-qimg-c985944580bb8f0158dcbce0fc51b0e5-lq.jpeg

• Like 1

We, as a community, care for you.  Thank you for all the work you have done to support this site and write what you wanted to write and express what you wanted to express for so long.  Thank you for taking us on a ride of fiction and truth.  Return when you want and when you can...until then, Aloha Nui.