The muscle app (1)

One

"Looking good, man. Someone's trained his ass off during summer".

Tyler pulled the tight shirt over his head and turned around to see Tom the star quarterback strut into the locker room. The two of them had led the football team to victory last year and now, during their senior year, they were ready for a repeat.

"I wish I had abs like yours", Tom said as came over to his buddy.

Tyler grinned. Even though they were both straight and had been dating the hottest cheerleaders for months, they admired each other's well-trained bodies. Tyler was proud of his physique: at 6 feet and weighing 187 pounds of muscle, he was the number two on the team. His chiseled face and low body fat gave him the natural looks of a fitness model. He flexed his abs, making the rows of muscle harden some more. His tanned skin adding depth to the grooves of his six-pack.

"Wow", Tom uttered playfully. "No match for my size, though", he added as he took off his own shirt and bounced his heavy pecs. He totally outsized his roommate: standing 6'5, he towered over the guy and outweighed him by a good 55 pounds. "243 pounds of beef since last week", he said and flexed his nearly 20 inch arms.

"Big but not ripped like me", Tyler replied and pointed at his teammate's muscle gut. The strong, yet rounded abs were covered with some fat.

"Difference between a man and a pretty boy", Tom stated, "The ladies like 'em big and hairy". He smiled down at the smaller guy as he played with the fur atop his meaty chest. "Let's go to the gym like coach told us", he added as he got into his workout gear and swaggered over to the gym.

When the two stars of the football team entered the university's gym, a guy in his late twenties looked in their direction and came over. "You must be Tom and Tyler", he said, "I'm Mister Blake, the new assistant coach charged with the lifting program. Seems like you guys didn't waste summer on partying."

Tom and Tyler grinned. "What do you want us to do? I'm eager to throw some weight around", Tom said.

"How about some chest?", the assistant coach stated and followed his star athletes to the bench press.

The personal workout routines worked wonders for the team that went on a victory scroll. During the eight match Tom got injured and would be out for two weeks, risking to lose the game against their big rivals. The day after Tom's injury, Tyler was asked to join the assistant coach in his office.

"Seems like you'll be leading the team", Mr. Blake said as Tyler sat down before his desk, "Are you up for it?".

"I guess so", Tyler replied, "It won't be easy to fill Tom's shoes. The guy's a beast on the field. I mean he's more than 50 pounds bigger than me."

"What if I could make you as big?", the assistant coach asked matter-off-factly.

"I'm not taking steroids", Tyler stated.

"Come on, son. Like steroids could make you grow 50 pounds of muscle till our next game. I'm talking about this", Mr. Blake said and took a small phone from his desk. "Something a good friend of mine working for the army sent me. It can tap into the electric pulses of the muscles and transfer it into another person. Still very experimental."

Tyler looked incredulously at the device. "Transfer muscle? Sounds pretty insane to me. Besides, who would agree to give up his muscle?".

"Let me worry about that", the assistant coach answered, "So, ready to grow really big? Big like Tom and dominate on the field?".

Tyler still doubted but his desire to grow big chased the caution from his mind. He nodded.

A smile formed on Mr. Blake's face. He got up, walked to the door and let another guy enter his desk. He locked the door and returned to his chair. "Tyler, this is Chad one of the top gymnasts of Orchid University. He's agreed to join the muscle stimulation project. Good, guys take off your shirts and pants."

Tyler stood up and noticed he totally outsized the gymnast. Being 6 feet himself, the 5'2 athlete came up to his chin; his 187 pound of ripped muscle eclipsed the guy's 148 pounds. He was surprised by the size of the guy's torso: the gymnast's shoulders rivaled his own in width and the guy's thick arms seemed just a tad bigger than his own 16,5 inchers.

"Miring my torso", Chad asked with a smirk and casually flexed his right arm. "17 inches", he said, "biggest guns on the team".

Tyler was taken aback by the guy's cockiness. Usually smaller guys, especially freshmen like Chad, were easily intimidated by his body. This obviously wasn't the case with the gymnast. Tyler looked at the guy's boyish face.

"Right, guys. Let's get started", the assistant coach intervened. He placed an electrode on Tyler's chest and one on Chad's. "You might feel a mild tingling sensation", he added and activated the 'muscle-app' on the device.

"Feels funny", Chad said, "Like a tickle in my muscles".

"Yeah", Tyler replied.

Suddenly a mild crackling sound was audible as if static electricity hung in the air. A small spark shot from Chad's chest, flew through the air and shot into the electrode on Tyler's chest who was standing in front of the coach's desk.

"What's happening?", Chad yelled out as more sparks left his body.

"Oh yeah", Tyler grunted as the sparks now shot like small lightning bolts into his chest. Warmth spread through his body and he felt his muscles suck in the energy. He leaned back, scattering the objects atop the desk as he laid  down to let warmth and energy fill his body.

"I'm getting smaller", Chad peeped in horror as he felt a strange weakness come over him. He looked down and saw his well-trained torso slowly melting away. He tried to get away, but the weakness in his limbs prevented him from moving. More sparks escaped his body as his muscles condensed into energy, flew through air and shot into the footballer.

"Oh yeah", Tyler grunted again as another wave of energy hit him. He felt his muscle swell and harden under his skin, like a pump after a hard workout.

Mr. Blake stared in awe at the growing athlete atop his desk. Veins appeared all over the footballer's heavily muscled body and transferred the energy directly into his hardening muscles. His skin stretched as it adapted to the increasing size of the growing muscles underneath. His athlete's body now was at least 25 pounds heavier than before, making him look like an amateur bodybuilder.

Tyler had closed his eyes in pleasure, enjoying the feeling of his growing muscles stretching his skin.  "Oh fuck, yeah", he groaned as the electric sparkles kept raining down in the electrode atop his swelling chest that grew higher with every passing second.

Chad felt his body weaken with every spark that escaped him. He was now down below 120 pounds and getting scrawnier and scrawnier. His mind kept fighting against the transfer, his natural aggression trying to form a barrier against the theft. He felt nothing but hate as he stared at the growing man atop the desk.

Mr. Blake couldn't take his eyes from the gradually enlarging athlete. The sparks now formed a small, nearly transparent cloud above the football player that shot lightning bolts of power into the electrode.

"Ah", Tyler's moans got a faint painful dimension as the pleasant warmth in his body began turning into a burning sensation in all his muscles. By now, he had gained 40 pounds of muscle. His meaty shoulders stuck out from the sides of the desk, his wide back making him broader than the desk; his thick arms closing in on 20 inches while they hung relaxed at his sides; his pecs formed two meaty plates rising up atop his chest; his abs had grown into an eight-pack; his legs thickened to support his new size as they hung down from the desk, their bulk making his boxers slide upward. The pain in his body, a mild burning sensation as if he'd trained too long, intensified and got more painful as more energy kept shooting down into the electrode.

A beeping sound tore the assistant coach's attention from his growing athlete to the device in his hand. "Subject reaching natural limits" he read from the screen.

"AH", Tyler let out a louder, more painful grunt. The pain in his body was getting unbearable. His muscles began developing a red blush under his tight skin, crossed with stretch marks as it was pulled tightly around the hard meat underneath. Spasms shot through his mighty torso as energy kept flowing into him. The cloud hanging above his thick chest got darker with every jolt that flew into it from Chad's weakening body. The sparks still shot down into the electrode but the excess energy crackles around it as the footballer's body seems unable to absorb it all. "Euh… no… more… please", Tyler groans in pain as it feels like his entire body is cramping up.

The assistant coach hears the pleads and tries to end the transfer. He pushes the app to deactivate the device.

"ERROR", the screen announced and a blinding flash fills the room.

3 hours ago, godofjurai said:

Just highlight the text, it's how I was able to read it, and it was amazing.

I was on my e-reader at the time. Not really an option.

Also:

I really don't understand the mindset that requires readers to *work* in order to view one's story. I find that counterintuitive at best.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, godofjurai said:

Just highlight the text, it's how I was able to read it, and it was amazing.

3 hours ago, arpeejay said:

I was on my e-reader at the time. Not really an option.

Also:

I really don't understand the mindset that requires readers to *work* in order to view one's story. I find that counterintuitive at best.

At the very bottom of every page, you can switch your theme between dark and light to compensate for miscolored stories.  You don't want to miss out on this one.

40 minutes ago, skumbum said:

At the very bottom of every page, you can switch your theme between dark and light to compensate for miscolored stories.  You don't want to miss out on this one.

And again:

That's the author's job, not mine.

That may sound like grumpy-old-man-ism, and that may be the case. It's ALSO the case that I have written approximately 70 stories over the past 25 years and I have ALWAYS endeavored to make the reader's job as easy as possible. I have zero patience for people who elect to do otherwise.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, skumbum said:

Just found that Theme button at the bottom of the page! Thanks! I did highlight and read the story but that's not always easy.